Covid - 19 Advice & Support
List of Tips for Parents (from Save the Children charity):
- Be calm, honest, and informed.
2. Tailor your approach based on your child - think about whether more information makes them more or less anxious.
3. Share facts simply and calmly - kids take their cue from you.
4. Ask your child what they know, answer their questions and address any misinformation.
5. Validate their feelings, while reassuring them- “I understand this can be scary. The risk is still low, and we’re well prepared."
6. Remind them of what’s in their power- washing hands thoroughly and often, coughing and sneezing into their elbow, getting plenty of sleep, etc.
7. Model good hygiene, and try to make it fun! Think of or create a favorite song to sing while scrubbing hands for at least 20 seconds.
For the latest information please click the link below