Covid-19 Risk Assessment Schools & Settings September 2020
St Dunstan's is looking forward to welcoming all pupils and families back to a safe and happy environment.
As a school, staff, pupils and parents are commited to:
1) Minimising contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend school.
2) Where recommended, using face coverings in schools. (The advice is currently for Secondary Schools).
3) Cleaning hands thoroughly more often than usual.
4) Ensuring good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
5) Introducing enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents and bleach.
6) Minimising contact between individuals and maintain social distancing wherever possible.
7) Where necessary, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
Numbers 1 to 5 must be in place in all schools, all the time.
Number 6 must be properly considered and schools must put in place measures that suit their particular circumstances.
Number 7 applies in specific circumstances.
Responding to any infection
8) Engaging with the NHS Test and Trace process.
9) Managing confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) amongst the school community.
10) Containing any outbreak by following local health protection team advice.
Our Risk Assessment details how we will ensure that this is happening at all times. If you have any questions about this risk assessment, please contact Mrs Eccles through the School Office.