COVID 19 Advice / Support
List of Tips for Parents (from Save the Children charity):
1. Be calm, honest, and informed.
2. Tailor your approach based on your child - think about whether more information makes them more or less anxious.
3. Share facts simply and calmly - kids take their cue from you.
4. Ask your child what they know, answer their questions and address any misinformation.
5. Validate their feelings, while reassuring them- “I understand this can be scary. The risk is still low, and we’re well prepared."
6. Remind them of what’s in their power- washing hands thoroughly and often, coughing and sneezing into their elbow, getting plenty of sleep, etc.
7. Model good hygiene, and try to make it fun! Think of or create a favorite song to sing while scrubbing hands for at least 20 seconds.
Article with an overview of the information available which includes links to other videos about it.
Reassuring short video with tips for children about the coronavirus.
How to wash your hands